The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal TherapyTM are founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage which is an external non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, restricting the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and chi.
Based on over thirty years of training and experience in massage, naprapathy, herbology, and spiritual healing, Dr. Rosita Arvigo developed these techniques, which now bear her name. This modality incorporates a holistic approach to health care, which including massage, anatomy and physiology, herbology, nutrition, and emotional and spiritual healing.
Dr. Arvigo learned these techniques from her mentor, Don Elijio Panti, the great Maya Shaman of Belize, Central America, with whom she apprenticed for ten years. Don Elijio believed that a woman’s center is her uterus. “If a woman’s uterus is out of balance, so is she,” he would say. Rosita also studied with Hortense Robinson, a 73 year old herbal midwife of Belize who has been delivering babies since she was 13.
Five session package includes 5 90 minute sessions which entail:
- Approximately 60-75 minutes of bodywork. This includes the Maya Massage techniques as well as Holistic Pelvic Care techniques upon request. The overall intention is to help the uterus find Her way back to the optimal position in the pelvis. As a result of the uterine ligaments overstretching or tightening for a variety of reasons, the uterus is often not in the optimal position. Many of the undesirable symptoms we experience around our menstrual cycles, digestion, urination, etc can be relieved by helping the uterus back to her proper alignment.
- Hourglass – by Anglerox – A faja is the conventional, traditional wrap we use in this practice and we still offer fajas for sale as well, but we have fallen in love with the hourglass product due to its fun, fashionability, support and effectiveness. Teaching on how to use the hourglass and the faja is always available.
- Castor Oil Roll on – Castor Oil applied topically is an excellent complementary modality to this work, as it helps to dissolve scar tissue and adhesions from surgeries and past traumas, as well as activating the lymphatic system to eliminate toxins right through the skin.
- Vaginal Steam Bath included in each of last three sessions – A vaginal steam bath is a Mayan practice that involves sitting over hot steamy water infused with sacred plant medicines. This practice acts as a uterine lavage, clearing old debri, such as old blood from past menstrual cycles that was not able to release itself due to the malpositioned uterus. Steams also soften the uterine tissue supporting conception in women who have been having trouble conceiving. This practice is essential for healthy menses, digestion, postpartum health and urination.
- Comprehensive Health History – In our mainstream health system, most providers look solely at symptoms, ignoring the bigger picture. In our initial session, we will delve into a thorough health history, where you will have the opportunity to share as much or as little information as is comfortable for you. Sometimes old emotional, physical and/or sexual trauma, actually contribute to our overall health, especially in the abdominal and pelvic regions of the body. It can be beneficial to share these old experiences as well as the broad picture and history of your health. Often times giving our old trauma a voice, without giving it too much power, in conjunction with the work we do together, helps the body and spirit to heal.
- Diet and Lifestyle Coaching – During our time together, we will collaboratively make a plan about small, doable steps you can take within your diet and lifestyle to improve your health and well-being. Our eating habits and patterns are woven so deeply into our health, how we feel about ourselves and our bodies. Looking at these patterns with love, and without shame, often is instrumental in our path to healing.
- Sexuality Coaching – Our sexuality is an element of our spirituality. As we journey through struggles and discomfort in our pelvic regions, our relationship to our sexuality often plays a role. It is my intention to support women to uncovering and releasing shame around sexuality with the purpose of claiming one’s pleasure as a pathway to empowerment in all areas of your life.
- Movement Practices – Drawing from my experience as a bellydancer and yogi, I will share suggestions about movement exercises you can practice at home to aid in your healing process.Total cost: $ 675 (valued at $695)
Can be paid in total at first session
or in 3 installments
Email Chaya with questions or schedule your first session now!
Sessions must be used within 6 months, no refunds available after 6 months